I revealed last night during my webinar on time management and productivity that I do not like auto reply messages when I send emails to people. And it’s for two primary reasons…
- It’s stating the obvious (to me). I assume you’re going to respond to me in a day or two
- It’s another email I have to delete
Email auto reply messages are designed to let people know if it’s not “business as usual.” For instance, you should use an auto reply message if you’re out of town or unavailable for a long period of time. Auto replies are also effective if because of the volume of emails you receive, it may take longer than 48 hours for you to respond.
However, if you are going to have an autoreply message for your business email address, then use that email message as an opportunity to get people to connect to your brand or to share more pertinent information.
Here are some things you can use to connect people with your brand in your email auto reply message.
- Invite people to sign up for your email list
- Share links to your most popular blog posts, products or videos
- Share information on other ways they can connect with you
- Share other email addresses that may need to contact instead (i.e., customerservice@ or info@ or sponsorships@)
Small tweaks like this will capitalize on every touch point potential customers and clients have to connect on a deeper level with you and your brand.
Join the TrendSetters Email List
Subscribe to get information and resources to create the life you want.