I am fascinated by the life of creatives. From rappers to film directors, I am intrigued by what motivates them, their mantras, how they approach their work, etc. Coming off 3 stellar wins at the 2017 Grammys, my first focus for my series The Life of a Creative is Chance the Rapper. An award winning rapper with no record deal, no distribution deal, no publishing deal–streaming only content that he owns 100%.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is a Creative
- Noteworthy points in the creative career of Chance the Rapper (beginning at 5:35)
- Lessons we can apply to our lives based on Chance’s career (beginning 30:28)
- The choice that Chance and each of us has to make
- The two sources of income Chance has that allows him to distribute his music for free
- The parts of your brand you cannot outsource
- One type of content that could be pivotal in your brand’s success
This episode of the TrendSetters Podcast is bIrought to you by:
Sassy Jones Boutique
Koils by Nature
[tweetshare tweet=”Get serious about creating the life you want or get comfortable with the life you have. ~Adeea Rogers, The TrendSetters Podcast” username=”@trendysocialite”]
[tweetshare tweet=”Collaborations are necessary to build our brand. We don’t know everything or everyone. Adeea Rogers, The TrendSetters Podcast” username=”@trendysocialite”]
[tweetshare tweet=”There are parts of our biz we cannot completely outsource–like what our core message is and creation of product/content. ~Adeea Rogers” username=”@trendysocialite”]
Resources and References
Watch this video for name drops and collaborations
- What is a Creative? (Jeff Goins)
- These 2017 Grammy Winners are also Tech Innovators (Black Enterprise)
- Chance the Rapper’s Strategy for Staying Two Steps Ahead In the Music Industry (Fast Company)
- Inside Chance the Rapper’s Magical Puppett World (Pigeons and Planes)
- Chance the Rapper on Kanye (Complex)
- Chance the Rapper: A Capitalist Love Story (Fee.org)
- Chance the Rapper (Business Insider)
- Chance the Rapper: Creative Constraints Are Everywhere (99u.com)
Find out how you can be a Guest on The TrendSetters Podcast!
Email me to sponsor an episode of The TrendSetters Podcast!
Find out how you can work with me here!
Find out more about the TrendSetters Elite Inner Circle here!
Join the TrendSetters Email List
Subscribe to get information and resources to create the life you want.